Rebecca LuElla Miller Mondays | view all columns
Best known for her aspirations as an epic fantasy author, Becky has been working as a freelance writer and editor since 2004. She has covered high school sports for a Los Angeles area newspaper group, published articles and short stories in several print and online magazines, and placed in the top twenty-five in the 2006 Writer’s Digest Short, Short Story contest. Most recently, she published the writing-helps book Power Elements of Story Structure. She currently blogs Monday through Friday at A Christian Worldview of Fiction.
Her editing credits include non-fiction and fiction alike, most notably four titles in the Dragons in Our Midst and Oracle of Fire series by Bryan Davis. You can learn more about her editing services and read her weekly writing tips at Rewrite, Reword, Rework.
R. L. Copple Tuesdays | view all columns
As a young teen, R. L. Copple played in his own make-believe world, writing the stories and drawing the art for his own comics while experiencing the worlds of other authors like Tolkien, Lewis, Asimov, and Lester Del Ray. As an adult, after years of writing devotionally, he returned to the passion of his youth in order to combine his fantasy worlds and faith into the reality of the printed page. Since then, his imagination has given birth to The Reality Chronicles trilogy from Splashdown Books, and Mind Game, Hero Game, Ethereal Worlds Anthology, and How to Make an Ebook: Using Free Software from Ethereal Press, along with numerous short stories in various magazines. In his Texas Hill Country residence, he continues to create and give wings to new realities so that others might enjoy and be inspired by them.
John Otte alternate Wednesdays | view all columns
John W. Otte leads a double life. By day, he’s a Lutheran minister. By night, he writes weird stories. He lives in South St. Paul, Minnesota, with his wife and two sons.
His debut novel, Failstate, arrived in 2012 from Marcher Lord Press followed by Failstate: Legend, and most recently Christy Award finalist, Numb.
Keep up with his own website at The Least Read Blog on the Web.
Shannon McDermott alternate Wednesdays | view all columns
Shannon McDermott is the author of The Valley of Decision and The Last Heir, as well as Beauty of the Lilies and Summer Leaves (Sons of Tryas, I and II). She has also written the Adventures of Christian Holmes, a series of detective short stories.
Shannon was born in California, raised on the East Coast, and now lives in the Midwest. She enjoys coffee, novels, and history. To connect with her, visit her website, or drop by her Facebook or Goodreads page.
E. Stephen Burnett Thursdays | view all columns
E. Stephen Burnett is a journalist, aspiring novelist, and editor and webslinger at Speculative Faith. His mission: to explore and enjoy epic stories that reflect the truths and beauties of the first and greatest Epic Story, God’s Word. He also enjoys nonfiction, soundtrack music, and spending life with his wife in their central-Kentucky headquarters. His nonfiction works have appeared in numerous local media as well as the Reuters wire service.
The regular columnists at Speculative Faith are Christians, unified in their belief in the essentials of their faith:
- We believe God can and does let His truth be echoed in His creation, for all truth is His truth and remains so even if it is found in a story that does not specifically credit Him. Still, we believe the Bible is the only inspired, infallible, and authoritative Word of God, and our only sure source for knowing Who God is, what the Gospel is, and what we must do in response.
- We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death for sinners, in His resurrection from the dead, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature. Thanks to God’s creation of man in His image, and His gifts even to those who reject Him, sinful man can sometimes echo some portions of God’s truth. But only by God’s grace, through faith alone in the life and death of Jesus Christ, can anyone be saved from condemnation and restored to a right relationship with our Creator — this is the Gospel.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in Christ, His true Church.
- We believe Jesus Christ will personally and bodily come again to complete His redemption of all things under His loving lordship and to create the New Heavens and the New Earth.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost. God’s people will be saved to live forever with Him in perfect joy, and those who die while lost will be condemned forever.